I wonder how long Oscars hair is going to be when I see him?

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Okay, lets see here....Where do i begin?  Well, Saturday morning me (Zach), The Big O, and Seth are going to get together and see if we even remember these damn songs.  Hannah likes to do things in her room where she can hear herself, so I'm sure we will practice with her when she's ready.  Whats been going on lately?  I'll tell you.  Oscar has been working on a taco truck in  NYC, and growing his hair out to get ready for his role in some movie about 70's baseball players.  He also just finished up a few shows with his other band Baby Birds Don't Drink Milk.

 I have been touring with my other band Mouthbreathers, we just finished up the west coast, we're headed East in October, and then back West in November.  I have also been doing some basement recording under the name Trailer Blazed.  Mouthbreathers has a 7" out now, that you can by at www.intheredrecords.com  Other than that I have either been working, or working.


Hannah has been busy being happy, and away from the boys.  I secretly thinks she misses us though.  She just moved into a nice apartment, and has a good job, and all that jazz.  Occasionally, I see her out at night.  That is usually followed with a big hug, and a shot that we both later regret.

Seth has been plugging away with his other (amazing) band Dry Bonnet.  If you haven't seen them yet do yourself a huge favor and check them out.  Seth has proven to be a skilled bass player, and a sexy man on stage (His pant's fit now).  Other than that he's in the same boat as me.  WORKING.

As a band, we we're dead for a bit.  I feel like it was a much needed rest for a band that was working as hard as we we're only to constantly be shat on by a bunch of middlemen.  We had a run of tough luck.  Cancelled and/or botched tours, internal problems, time constraints, strange circumstances, weird label issues, other weird label issues, even more weird label issues, oh and I almost forgot LABEL ISSUES.  We decided to avoid all of that carrot dangling, and empty promises by just doing everything ourselves.  On the upside to all this complaining (or should i say explaining).  There was a whole heaping load of awesome shit that happened to us.  We got to play with some of the most amazing bands in, and outside of Lawrence.   Played two great festivals, Dmmr Bmmr in Portland, and The Garage Fest in Lawrence.  We got to meet and work with J. Robbins, and met one of our dearest friends of all time, Jessi Frick!  Eating Buritto's in Big Sur was also pretty sweet.  I'm happy that we decided to just finally put our second record out ourselves and just close that chapter. Its going to be a lot of fun playing September 29th at the replay.  It's only the greatest place to play on earth!

After that show you won't be hearing from us for awhile, but don't be alarmed.  We're not going anywhere.  We are releasing a new EP "Party Animal" early next year as a 7".  Also, we are recording record number three "Let It Be".  We're going to keep busy with our other bands too if you get bored and want to check out a show.  There will be new tours, and more hometown shows in the future.  See you around!  I plan on drunkenly blogging on this more often now, since I have a reason to.

-Zach

0 comments:

Post a Comment